I’m inspired by this card and act of kindness by my colleague, Anne. We have a professional relationship based on mutual respect.
Building mutual respect is essential in building strong and happy relationships.
I am so inspired by this gift that I’ve been sending a donor, colleague or volunteer a brief note of appreciation each day.
I’ve met so many people who just want to see positive change for good in the places they live, work and play.
Autumn Lily Pad Reflections
- Don’t lead alone, instead they empower others.
- Take responsibility for their actions and encourage the responsible behavior of others.
- Collaborate and follow through on assigned tasks. Collective experiences and perspectives can foster the best possible ideas, opportunities, solutions and outcomes.
- Establish and maintain mutual respect by establishing respect for the values and perspectives of others.
- Use effective communication tools such as reflective listening. Listening and immediately repeating back what was said, ensuring things were perceived correctly.
- Have the drive and inspiration to turn challenges into opportunities. “Do what you can, where you are, with what you have”. –Teddy Roosevelt.
The Human Service Forum shared this TED Talk that examines how happiness inspires productivity. The happy secret to better work: http://bit.ly/17EFWDD
Daniel Goleman shares Don’t Write Off the Coaching Leadership Style: http://linkd.in/1bt4tj7 This post gives some great tips on how to help employees grow and become more engaged.